Problem with .Attributes.Add ("style","overflow :hidden");

Guest

I have the following line of code in my Page_Load Event of my ASP.net page:
txtExplanationofChange.Attributes.Add ("style","overflow :hidden");
which allows me to can turn off the Scrollbar of my multiline textbox. I am
still fairly new to developing in ASP.net and C#, and I'm not sure if there
is a better way to disable the scrollbar.

The code above turns off the scrollbar just fine, however the textbox does
not remain in the location where I had placed it on the webpage in design
mode. All the controls I have on my webpage stay in the position where I put
them in design mode, except for this textbox.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there another property I need to set?

Is there a better way to turn off the scrollbar than the way I am doing it?

Thanks,

Arthur Dent

Well, for one, instead of using Attributes, you should use Style.... it
allows you to easily add multiple styles if needed too.

myControl.Style.Add("overflow", "hidden")

I dont know if this would help your positioning problem though.

Guest

Thank you Arthur. It worked perfectly. All the controls remained where I
placed them in design time.

I'll have to read up on Style to know more about what it can do since like I
said I'm new to C# and ASP.net.

Thanks again