Problem with Name of Excel Chart

paul.porcelli

Hi folks,
I have a perl script which produces a 4 worksheet Excel spreadsheet and
4 accompanying Excel Charts.
The data all looks fine but I have a problem I cannot solve.
I produce the charts via a loop in the script which loops 4 times.
For each chart, I want to name them according to the value of an array
i.e.
my @location=qw/loc1 loc2 loc3 loc4/;

However the name on each Chart is never changed, so they are labelled
Chart1, Chart2 etc.

I tried changing the $location to "TEST" but all this does is to change
Chart1 to "TEST". Charts 2,3 and 4 are not changed.

N.B. This loop is used to rename the Worksheet labels also and that
works fine.

Any help most welcome.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Paul

$Range = $Sheet->Range($cellend);

my $Chart = $Book->Charts->Add;
$Chart->{ChartType} = xlLineMarkers;
$Chart = $xl->ActiveChart;
$Chart->{Name} = 'TEST';
$Chart->SetSourceData({Source => $Range, PlotBy => xlColumns});
$Chart->{HasTitle} = 1;
$Chart->ChartTitle->{Text} = $location;
$Chart->Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary)->{HasTitle} = 1;
$Chart->Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary)->AxisTitle->{Text} = "Time";
$Chart->Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary)->{HasTitle} = 1;
$Chart->Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary)->AxisTitle->{Text} = "Milliseconds";

Bob Walton

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

I have a perl script which produces a 4 worksheet Excel spreadsheet and
4 accompanying Excel Charts.
The data all looks fine but I have a problem I cannot solve.
I produce the charts via a loop in the script which loops 4 times.
For each chart, I want to name them according to the value of an array
i.e.
my @location=qw/loc1 loc2 loc3 loc4/;

You give values to elements of @location here, but in your code
below, you use $location. Those two variables have absolutely
nothing to do with each other. What is your real code (that is,
how did $location receive a value)? Also, it would be most
helpful if you could post short but complete code that
illustrates your problem that anyone can copy/paste/run without
further ado, as the posting guidelines for this newsgroup
require. You'll get much better responses.
However the name on each Chart is never changed, so they are labelled
Chart1, Chart2 etc.

I tried changing the $location to "TEST" but all this does is to change
Chart1 to "TEST". Charts 2,3 and 4 are not changed.

N.B. This loop is used to rename the Worksheet labels also and that
What loop? Your posted code doesn't have a loop.