problem with running java file

mhk

hi,

i m testing a java file and importing jave 3d timer in it as

import com.sun.j3d.utils.timer.J3DTimer;

Now... i have installed jdk1.5.0_05 and i have kept the 3d jar files in

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\jre\lib\ext

Now ... my program file compiles fine but gives me following error when i
run it
*********************************
C:\Game\KGPJ Code\ch2Code\Timings>java TimerRes

com/sun/j3d/utils/timer/J3DTimer
at TimerRes.j3dTimeResolution(TimerRes.java:43)
at TimerRes.main(TimerRes.java:36)

C:\Game\KGPJ Code\ch2Code\Timings>
*********************************

Please help me in solving this issue, Thanks in advance.

Knute Johnson

mhk said:
hi,

i m testing a java file and importing jave 3d timer in it as

import com.sun.j3d.utils.timer.J3DTimer;

Now... i have installed jdk1.5.0_05 and i have kept the 3d jar files in

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\jre\lib\ext

Now ... my program file compiles fine but gives me following error when i
run it
*********************************
C:\Game\KGPJ Code\ch2Code\Timings>java TimerRes

com/sun/j3d/utils/timer/J3DTimer
at TimerRes.j3dTimeResolution(TimerRes.java:43)
at TimerRes.main(TimerRes.java:36)

C:\Game\KGPJ Code\ch2Code\Timings>
*********************************

Please help me in solving this issue, Thanks in advance.

I think you probably need the jar file in the jre/lib/ext directory. On
windows the compiler and the runtime run out of different directories.

mhk

Knute Johnson said:
I think you probably need the jar file in the jre/lib/ext directory. On
windows the compiler and the runtime run out of different directories.

well i was missing current dir in classpath and also didnt include dll files
in the path. so doing this solved my issue.... thanks for the reply