problem with tomcat 4.1.29, java 1.4.2, windows XP

Mladen Adamovic

On my previous Windows installation everything worked fine, but now, after
complete reinstallation of XP and all programs I have error in my WebApp.

I'm using commons-fileupload-1.0.jar

And problem is here
public class FilesUpload extends HttpServlet
public void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
{
DiskFileUpload fu = new DiskFileUpload(); //AT THIS LINE
//TOMCAT MAKE EXCEPTION
<snip>

Now the problem/exception:
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

at
FilterChain.java:269)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:256)
<snip>
root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletInputStream
at FilesUpload.doPost(FilesUpload.java:23)
at
FilterChain

So, it seems that Tomcat cannot find class javax.servlet.ServletInputStream
?!?!
What to do?

Ryan Stewart

Mladen Adamovic said:
[...]

Restart your server?

Mladen Adamovic

Ryan Stewart said:
Restart your server?

It does NOT help, but thanks for reply and time spent on reading my post
Ryan. Everytime I start tomcat I haven't problem with other things except
this one (and I hadn't this problem before complete reinstallation of my
computer).

Wendy S

Mladen Adamovic said:
On my previous Windows installation everything worked fine, but now, after
complete reinstallation of XP and all programs I have error in my WebApp.

Probably a missing or corrupted .jar file... I'd re-install Tomcat. Or move
to 4.1.30, it's the lastest version.

Steve Burrus

Actually, version 4.1.30 is NOT the most current version of Tomcat at all, as u
said : >>"4.1.30, it's the lastest version."<< !! It's actually version 5.0.19
of tomcat!! I upgraded, just last nite, from version 5.0.16 to 5.0.19 of it!