Problems, problems for newbie

Shelly

I'm getting very frustrated with a number of problems I have encountered in
my first application. Any and all help will be appreciated.

I have a master page called Managing.master with the vb in
Managing.master.vb.

The first lines of Managing.master are:
<%@ Master Language="VB" Codefile="Managing.master.vb" Inherits="MasterPage"
%>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "~//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN

The file Managing.master.vb has:
Partial Class Managing
Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPage
End Class

My specific file is orders.aspx and it starts with:

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterFilePage="~Managing.master"
AutoEventWireup="false" Codefile="order.aspx.vb" Inherits="manage_order"
title="Untitled Page" %>

Note that the order.aspx files are in a subdirectory called "manage".

I have a stylesheet called style.css. It looks perfect and I created it
with the Web Developer UI.

OK, here are the problems:

1 - With the css, it finds some of the classes but not all. If I cut and
paste a bunch of them to a different part of the file, it stops seeing a
bunch it already saw. If I edit undo a couple of time to restore the
original, it still cannot find those classes.

2 - I am getting errors from Managing.master.vb(2); error ASPNET: Make sure
that the class defined in this code file matches the 'inherits' attribute;
and that it extends the correct base class.

3 - 'Context' is not a member of 'MasterPage'.

4 - 'ReadStringResource' is not a member of 'ASP.managing.master';

5 - 'ContentPlaceholders' is not a member of 'ASP.managing.master';

6 - 'ContentTemplates' is not a member of 'ASP.managing.master';

Note that I created the Master Page using the MasterPage option in FileNew
and I create the orders file with the Web file choice in File/New.

Help, please?

Shelly

Shelly

I found the fix that made all these problems go away. For some reason the
orders.master.vb had an Inherits of managing_order, whereas the
orders.master had one of manage_order. I don't know how this happened, but
changing it to match with manage_order made it all compile with no errors.
Thanks anyway.

Shelly