problems using Visual Studio Development Server with forms authentication

Andy Fish

Hi,

My .Net 2.0 app uses forms authentication, so it redirects to the login page
if the user is not logged in. However, if I configure it to use the visual
studio development server, the login page shows without CSS, javascript, and
images being loaded.

I presume this is because the visual studio development server is refusing
to serve these files because the user is not logged in (whereas if I was
using IIS, it would serve the files without even touching .net)

is this just a fundamental limitation of the visual studio development
server or did I miss some kind of project setting?

Andy

bruce barker

in web.config, give access to css files and images without login.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)