Problems with ASP.NET 2.0 menu with Safari

Guest

Hello,

I am using the ASP.NET menu control and I have two issues when the page
containing the menu is displayed in Safari on Mac OS X:

1) The menu is not dynamic. Why (it seems that Safari is treated as
downlevel browser)?
2) I run into the "DynamicMenuStyle" bug (see
http://weblogs.asp.net/dannychen/archive/2005/11/21/431121.aspx)
Any ideas when this bug will be fixed?

Tested on Safari Version 2.0.3(417.8)

Any suggestions?

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dpomt,

Welcome.
As for the ASP.NET 2.0 menu control, it is possible that some clientside
behavior may lost on some MAC or other system's browsers, and I think the
current Menu control's device filter and Rendering implemenation for safari
may restricted the output to simple html content.

For the DynamicMenuStyle bug you mentioned, I'd suggest you try looking it
up on the MSDN product feedback center:

#MSDN Product Feedback Center
http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

Also, if you can post any of your further requests there(like the
browerCaps setting for safari browser...) on it..

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?ZHBvbXQ=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Problems with ASP.NET 2.0 menu with Safari
| Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:01:01 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hello,
|
| I am using the ASP.NET menu control and I have two issues when the page
| containing the menu is displayed in Safari on Mac OS X:
|
| 1) The menu is not dynamic. Why (it seems that Safari is treated as
| downlevel browser)?
| 2) I run into the "DynamicMenuStyle" bug (see
| http://weblogs.asp.net/dannychen/archive/2005/11/21/431121.aspx)
| Any ideas when this bug will be fixed?
|
| Tested on Safari Version 2.0.3(417.8)
|
| Any suggestions?

Guest

Hello Steven,

thanks for the feedback.

I can't believe such a modern browser like Safari is treated as downlevel
browser and the menu just outputs simple html.

As proposed, I have posted the things described in the MSDN product feedback
center.

Best regards,
Dieter

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your response Dieter,

So far I think we may have to manually customize the browser caps setting
if we want to let ASPNET render advanced html & dhtml scripts for safari.
Also, as I mentioned in your another thread, you can also try posting the
request in www.asp.net's formu or some dev guys's blogs there ....

Thanks & regards,