Problems with IE and nested Master Pages

Mr. K.V.B.L.

I am a volunteer webmaster for a cycling club and a newbie. I have put
together a website that uses nested master pages and ironically, the
website will not display correctly on IE but does for Firefox. IE
seems to ignore the outermost master page. I haven't tested Netscape,
Opera, et al. I use the most outer Master Page to center the website
on the screen, then the inner master page is for displaying our
content. If you want to see what I'm talking about, change your hosts
file and add these two lines:

66.35.109.230 harpethbikeclub.com
66.35.109.230 www.harpethbikeclub.com

You have to do this because our website isn't live yet.

View the page with Firefox then IE. I am using the freebie Visual Web
Developer Express for my development, so this is an ASP.NET 2.0 site.

If this is a no-no, I haven't heard about it. If there's a better
technique for centering a website on a screen, please share your
suggestions.

Thanks a bunch,
Kelly Beard