Problems with printing from web service

Baczek

Is it possible to print from web service on network printer?

I've made some research and I can only print on a local printer,
network printers don't work.

I don't know how to do it.
Is there somebody how has some solution.

ShadowFRJ

Did you have any luck with this. I've got issues too with getting both
"Access denied" and "The RPC Server is unavailable" errors. The latter error
occurs (using ASP.NET) in the StandardPrintController.OnStartPrint() method
call.

I've set up impersonation with the <identity> tag in the web.config file.
This allowed me to get to some printer information, but not to print.

Can anyone summarize the requirements / permissions for printing to a local
and network printer in ASP.NET?

- Shadow

homawong

It's the authentication problem. The default ASP_NET user does not have
privilege to access anything besides local. You have to use
impersonation with a user with sufficient privilege to print it.

ShadowFRJ, you are doing the right thing. Check your account and see if
it can print. it should work.

I've deal with this problem before, but at the end I think I didn't go
the networking route.
Instead I have a webservice installed on the printer's computer and
have the information sent there.