    On Windows 2000 Server creates process, but does not execute.

    I have given as many permission to the server (breaking every security policy I know of) trying to get this to work. Yes, that includes giving "List Directory Contents permission to the ASP.NET account."

    Any ideas?

    Kautzky, Nov 24, 2003

  2. System.Diagnostics.Process. Successfully executes .exe and returns.
    policy I know of) trying to get this to work. Yes, that includes giving
    "List Directory Contents permission to the ASP.NET account."
    Depending on your situation and requirements it could be possible to change
    the settings in machine.config.
    (modify the processModel section)
    We had to run different processes as different users so we opted for
    remoting.

    Good luck,

    Peter Vervoorn

    Peter Vervoorn, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Kautzky

    Kautzky Guest

    I've already changed the User in the Process Model Section of Machine.config to "SYSTEM". Any other ideas?

    Kautzky, Nov 25, 2003
  4. what do you mean "it does not execute."?
    what happens?

    When you grab the process output and stderr, what does it say?
    (you can do this with Process.StartInfo ...)
    -Dino

    Machine.config to "SYSTEM". Any other ideas?

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Nov 27, 2003