Process.Start() - Works on DevBox but not on Server...

Kautzky

Situation
On a Windows 2000 workstation a web service using System.Diagnostics.Process. Successfully executes .exe and returns.

On Windows 2000 Server creates process, but does not execute.

I have given as many permission to the server (breaking every security policy I know of) trying to get this to work. Yes, that includes giving "List Directory Contents permission to the ASP.NET account."

Any ideas?

Peter Vervoorn

Kautzky said:
Situation
On a Windows 2000 workstation a web service using
System.Diagnostics.Process. Successfully executes .exe and returns.
On Windows 2000 Server creates process, but does not execute.

I have given as many permission to the server (breaking every security
policy I know of) trying to get this to work. Yes, that includes giving
"List Directory Contents permission to the ASP.NET account."
Any ideas?

Depending on your situation and requirements it could be possible to change
the settings in machine.config.
(modify the processModel section)
We had to run different processes as different users so we opted for
remoting.

Good luck,

Peter Vervoorn

Kautzky

I've already changed the User in the Process Model Section of Machine.config to "SYSTEM". Any other ideas?

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

what do you mean "it does not execute."?
what happens?

When you grab the process output and stderr, what does it say?
(you can do this with Process.StartInfo ...)
-Dino