Program Required

Brian

Hi

First off, if I am not meant to post requests for this on these newsgroups I
am sorry. I did try to find some groups that were more suited but couldn't
find any.

I am looking for somebody to write a program for me in either C++ or Delphi
(preferable Delphi)

I need an application that runs and does the following

Run app, and select a video input device, like a video capture card or USB
device
Select output size (PAL resolution) based on the capabilities of the input
device
On minimize run from system tray
The app MUST remember its settings, like minimize so will run in system
tray, video input / output etc
It will then put this in the startup folder and get it to run when Windows
loads up

This app is a video server for one of a better way of putting it. Once the
app is running
it appears to other applications as a video driver, but allows multipliable
applications to
connect to it. It is very similar to an application called SplitCam
(www.splitcamera.com), but Split Cam does not run Pal resolution and all the
output pins are not seen by may app for some reason

I have 2 applications that both need to connect to the same video source,
and as Windows doesn't allow this, this is why we need this application.
My applications are written in Delphi, I am using DSPack (www.progdigy.com)
for the video playback, but writing a video splitting app is beyond me

If you can write an application like this, and are interested in doing so,
please email me with a cost, time scale and any questions. I will need full
source code after the application is finished

Thanks in advance

Brian
(e-mail address removed)

Please put a subject of "Video App Quote" (this is so I can filter it in to
the right box)

Phlip

Brian said:
First off, if I am not meant to post requests for this on these newsgroups
I am sorry.

You are "allowed" to post such questions anywhere. The questions are
(generally) on-topic.

However, you will get much better results going to a users group in your
area. There must be a Delphi or C++ or similar group in your region (which
I suspect is UK).

That will give you face-time with a programmer, and that's very important to
right-size the amount of effort required.

Jamie

Brian said:
[...]

so what your saying is you simply need a way for other apps to
obtain the video captured image that has been aquired from the
master app ?
i can think of many ways of doing this but to keep with the
simple things i suppose a DCOM or DDE connection would be most
practical.
btw, i have done this my self due to the same reasons with the
sound card where i needed mulitple instances of my app to retreive
data from an input stream. i simply wrote an audio server app and then
transferred the data upon the clients request via the WM_COPYDATA
maybe you mite want to look into that.

Marcus Kwok

Phlip said:
You are "allowed" to post such questions anywhere. The questions are
(generally) on-topic.

However, you will get much better results going to a users group in your
area. There must be a Delphi or C++ or similar group in your region (which
I suspect is UK).

(For the OP)
You may also want to try posting your request to
(or something like that).