Properties

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the java multi-platform print
dialog.
I am able to show the dialog but here is the kicker in i am unable to
select the printer properties on the print dialog. The printer properties
button seems to be always disabled.

This does not happen when i use the platform specific
print dialog. The combo box contains the correct printer name but i don't
know why i am unable to select the printer's properties

This is what i am doing to call the multi-platform print dialog

Code:
public void prt ( )

PrintRequestAttributeSet aset = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet( );

try
{
PrinterJob prnJob = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob( );

prnJob.setPrintable(myprintableclass);

if (prnJob.printDialog(aset) == false)
{
return;
}

//The below command line prints out the document if the user clicked Ok

prnJob.print(aset);
}

catch (PrinterException e)
{
e.printStackTrace();

There are no exceptions thrown and the program compiles with no errors.

I do not know what to do and maybe i could be missing something and would
appreciate any help or suggestions.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely