Sides And Collate

freesoft_2000

Hi everyone,

I have two questions about the java multi-platform print dialog.

The first question is about the printing of double-sided which is
supported by some high end printers but the thing is that when i want to
change the properties so that the user can decide if he wants to print
one-sided or double-sided but when i click on the appreance tab of the
print dialog
the Sides part seem to be always disabled no matter what i do.

The printing of double-side is printed out correctly bu what if i decide
to print single-side but that part of the print dialog seems to be always
disabled

This is what i am doing to call the multi-platform dialog to print
double-sided

Code:
public void prt ( )

PrintRequestAttributeSet aset = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet( );

aset.add(Sides.DUPLEX);

try
{
PrinterJob prnJob = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob( );

prnJob.setPrintable(myprintableclass);

if (prnJob.printDialog(aset) == false)
{
return;
}

//The below command line prints out the document if the user clicked Ok

prnJob.print(aset);
}

catch (PrinterException e)
{
e.printStackTrace();

My other question is on collating the output of my print out using the
java multi-platform print dialog. The thing is no matter even if i select
the collate check box or not the output of the print out is always printed
uncollated.

When i use the platform specific print dialog(windows in my case) the
output can be printed collated or uncollated.

This is what i am doing to call the multi-platform dialog to print
collated print-outs

Code:
public void prt ( )

PrintRequestAttributeSet aset = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet( );

aset.add(SheetCollate.COLLATED);

try
{
PrinterJob prnJob = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob( );

prnJob.setPrintable(myprintableclass);

if (prnJob.printDialog(aset) == false)
{
return;
}

//The below command line prints out the document if the user clicked Ok

prnJob.print(aset);
}

catch (PrinterException e)
{
e.printStackTrace();

It seems strange to me that if i use the sytem specific print dialog i can
print
both collated and uncollated printouts but if i use the java
multi-platform print dialog the print out is always printed uncollated
even when i specify it to be printed collated

There are no exceptions thrown and the program compiles with no errors for
both my questions.

Am i calling java multi-platform print dialog and adding the attributes
correctly for both my questions

Is this a bug or am i missing something for both my questions?

I really hope someone can help me with this problem

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank You

Yours Sincerely

Richard West