Proxy Credentails for HttpWebRequest from ASP.Net app

Martin

Hi,

I'm writing an ASP.Net 2.0 webpart that is doing sum HttpWebRequest stuff.

I need to go through a proxy, and have configured the web.config like so
<system.net>
<defaultProxy>
<proxy bypassonlocal="true"
usesystemdefault="false"
proxyaddress="http://isa-srv01:8080"
/>
</defaultProxy>
</system.net>

The problem I have is getting the appropriate credentials.
The web app is using Windows Authentication and impersonation is set to
true.
I'm expecting CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials to have what I need,
but domain, username and password are not set, and the request comes back
saying Proxy Authentication Required.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Martin

Martin

In
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302390.aspx#secnetch10_passingcredentialsforauth
section Using DefaultCredentials, it says "Server-side applications-such as
ASP.NET Web applications-use the process identity unless impersonation is
configured. In that case the impersonated caller's identity is used. "

But that's not my experience at present.

NB The iis server Authentication and Access control dialog box is configured
as such:
anonymous authentication is disabled
Integrated Windows authentication is enabled.

Thanks again
Martin