pyserial: loose connection after inactivity

Frank Aune

Hello,

I configure the serial connection using:

self.port = serial.Serial(baudrate=57600,
timeout=0.06,
parity=serial.PARITY_EVEN,
stopbits=serial.STOPBITS_TWO,
bytesize = serial.EIGHTBITS)

After X hours of inactivity I loose connection to my serial device, with error
message "Input/Output error" printed to stdout. The error happens both on
Linux and Windows (although the error message is probably different on
Windows, I've only been told the behaviour is the same).

I cannot find an obvious reason for why this is happening, and since it
happens after a long time of inactivite, debugging is awkward. So I though
I'd run the question through the expert panel for ideas, before venturing
down the path of pain and suffering myself :)

Best regards,
Frank