Python 2.5 from source without tcl/tk

Florian Demmer

Hi,

I am going nuts here... I thought had a solution for this a few weekas
ago but my hdd crashed and i put the note i wrote somewhere I had no
backup.

The system is a RedHat Enterprise 4 and I cannot install additional
rpms.
While the ./configure seems to go through fine I get a "INFO: Can't
locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or headers" during the make.

tk.h and tcl.h are in /usr/include
In other discussions I found that a missing X11/Xlib.h can be the
problem. That I don't have and cannot install.

Is there a way to completely leave out the tcl stuff when compiling?

I think what i did few weeks back was temporarily moving some tcl/tk
files away and back after the installation... but I cannot get it to
work now :(

Florian Demmer

ok... cannot get rid of the "INFO: Can't locate Tcl/Tk libs and/or
headers".

Now same thing but weirder with curses:
i do not have ncurses-devel installed. still make trys to compile the
curses module.
how do i prevent that?

imo the configure should have more with/without switches... or do i
just miss the point, where to tell it which modules to compile and
which not?