python 2.5 problems

Brian

Finally deleted 2.2 and loaded 2.5 (see below), using
the msi, on my XP partition. Having intermittent system
crashes. Assumed a corrupt download, so deleted and did
another download/install. Same problems.

The associated DLLs when XP says that it must shut down
the idle shell are not consistent.

So is there something not stable about ver 2.5 on XP ?

Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 18 2007, 08:51:08) [MSC
v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

Thanks very much from my cat and dog.

O.R.Senthil Kumaran

Finally deleted 2.2 and loaded 2.5 (see below), using

Dont delete. Uninstall python 2.2 and additional modules if you have installed them.
So is there something not stable about ver 2.5 on XP ?

Nothing like that. Python 2.5 works perfectly fine on Windows XP.
Download from www.python.org and if you face the same problem, try the python distribution available from ActiveState. If both of them give the same problem, good chances that the problem is with your OS.

Ant

Dont delete. Uninstall python 2.2 and additional modules if you have installed them.

But since you've already deleted 2.2, download and reinstall 2.2,
uninstall 2.2 and 2.5 via Add/Remove Programs and then reinstall 2.5
again.

Bjoern Schliessmann

Brian said:
Finally deleted 2.2 and loaded 2.5 (see below), using
the msi, on my XP partition. Having intermittent system
crashes.

The probability that this is not a coincidence is IMHO very, very
low. Looks like a deeper software or even hardware problem.

Regards,

Björn

Brian

Was not specific about my process. Yes, I did use the
'formal' windoze uninstall using Add/Remove Programs.

I ran the same code and idle at work (XP Pro/SP2/Python
2.4) with no problems. My next step is to install
python 2.5 at work.

My Linux partition has Python 2.4, and I do not use
idle on Linux, so the test would probably not be legit.

any ideas/suggestions ???