Python Developers needed for Rackspace Managed Hosting-full time employment opportunities

amanda.recruiter

Hello! Please feel free to forward this on to your network. All those
interested in this position, please email me at
(e-mail address removed) Thanks!-Amanda Papp

Python Developer
Job Description: Rackspace is a highly awarded and respected managed
web hosting company. We earned our place by approaching what we do
from our customer’s point-of-view. We do more than just expertly
support the technologies we provide (the servers, the devices, the
data centers and the network); we also expertly support our customers.
We call it Fanatical Support™. It’s a novel idea and it seems to work
really well for all involved – our customers, our company and our
employees.

Home to more than 1,800 Rackers (known to the outside world as
Rackspace employees), we’ve nearly doubled in size during the past
year – that’s how rapidly we’re expanding. And the growth has happened
without us acquiring other companies or being acquired by another
company. If you’re paying attention, this kind of growth means that
we’re hiring all the time.

But just because we need to hire people, doesn’t mean we’ll let anyone
in the place. There are a few prerequisites. You have to be pretty
darn sharp. You need to like working hard. You should believe in
Rackspace and Fanatical Support and in yourself. And you better love
what you do, because we do.

Our Core Values are:

FANATICAL SUPPORTâ„¢ in all we do
RESULTS first: substance over flash
Embrace CHANGE for excellence
PASSION for our work
Keep our PROMISES
We treat each other like FRIENDS and FAMILY
Rackspace Managed Hosting is seeking a Python Developer to join our
Open Source Environment. You would be part of a fast paced, cutting
edge development team responsible for the future of our world class
mission critical systems. Are you up for the challenge?

Do you believe there is always a better way to solve a problem? Do you
enjoy creating new innovative solutions to interesting problems? Do
you like working with others in an agile environment creating
solutions for the next generation? If so then you may be a Racker and
you just don’t know it yet!

Stuff you’ll need to be a star:

Good enterprise web application development experience
Sufficient object oriented programming experience
Strong Python development experience or other dynamic language web
development such as PHP or Javascript
Enough Quality Assurance experience
Know your way around a database – extra cool if you know SQL
Driven to be part of the team creating the next great software
solution
Rackspace Managed Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer