Python form Unix to Windows

Pradeep

Hi friends,

We are changing the python application from Unix to Windows. The source
code of Python application should work well in windows. How to make
changed to windows environment.
In Python code we have login module, ftp, socket programming.

Please help in changing the code from Unix envirnment to Windows
Environment.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Pradeep

neokosmos

Pradeep said:
We are changing the python application from Unix to Windows. The source
code of Python application should work well in windows. How to make
changed to windows environment.
In Python code we have login module, ftp, socket programming.

Please help in changing the code from Unix envirnment to Windows
Environment.

You ask a good question. However, the question is too large to be
answered in a newsgroup post. The appropriate thing for you to do is
to go through the Python documentation and see which modules your
application depends on that are not available on Windows. Then, you
need to decide how you'll either provide the missing functionality or
recode your app to better fit with the Windows environment.

Also, I'd like to note that if this is an app of any size, the work
involved might be fairly sizeable. In that case, your best bet is to
either slog through the process i outlined above (returning to the
newsgroup when you're stuck on how to proceed), or pay someone to do
it. I don't think you'll find anyone here willing to do that amount
and that kind of work for free. O:)

Simon Forman

Pradeep said:
Hi friends,

We are changing the python application from Unix to Windows. The source
code of Python application should work well in windows. How to make
changed to windows environment.
In Python code we have login module, ftp, socket programming.

Please help in changing the code from Unix envirnment to Windows
Environment.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Pradeep

Simplest way: Run the app in windows, see what breaks (probably less
than you might think), fix it.

I have written large apps that required less than a dozen, or no,
changes to move between windows and *nix. YMMV

Peace,
~Simon

Harry George

Simon Forman said:
Simplest way: Run the app in windows, see what breaks (probably less
than you might think), fix it.

I have written large apps that required less than a dozen, or no,
changes to move between windows and *nix. YMMV

Peace,
~Simon

I agree with this-- just try it. When I've helped others move code, I
found the biggest problem was when they had hardcoded file paths instead of
using os.path mechanisms.