Python IM server

Wesley

Hi all,
I want to develop a instant message server, simply has user and group entity.

Is there any better existing open-source one?
Thus I can download and have a look.

Thanks.
Wesley

Wesley

在 2014å¹´3月31日星期一UTC+8下åˆ8æ—¶37分32秒,Lutz Horn写é“:
Hi,

I want to develop a instant message server, simply has user and
group entity.

Is there any better existing open-source one?

Take a look at XMPP[0]. There are some Python libraries[1].

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMPP

[1] http://xmpp.org/xmpp-software/libraries/

--

Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and

Tempora.

https://prism-break.org

I am looking at telepathy, empathy.
Currently instant message is urgent, but needs voice/video call in the future.

For instant message, I have user-to-user and user-to-group cases.
Don't know if it suits well.

Wesley

在 2014å¹´4月1日星期二UTC+8下åˆ1æ—¶06分17秒,Miki Tebeka写é“:

Have you tried this before?
I just have a look. Seems most samples are just for bot.

I have scenarios that user-to-user and user talking in group.
So, for the IM server side, may need store some infomation in database,store messages not sent to user .etc
Seems twisted words is high wrapped, we still need to develop lots of things.

Wesley

Tamer Higazi

Take Twisted!
twistedmatrix.... has all you need!