Python Syntax and misspelled variable and method name checker?

neerashish

Is there a good Python Syntax and mis-spelled variable and method name
checker available.

I have been programming in python for last 6 months and misspelled variables
and method names have been bane of my python life.

In complied languages, compiler checks for these mistakes. I come from Java
, C++ background.

I use komodo as editor on mac. I use python 2.4

Please suggest some good tool and utilities.

thanks
Ashish

Diez B. Roggisch

neerashish said:
Is there a good Python Syntax and mis-spelled variable and method name
checker available.

I have been programming in python for last 6 months and misspelled variables
and method names have been bane of my python life.

In complied languages, compiler checks for these mistakes. I come from Java
, C++ background.

I use komodo as editor on mac. I use python 2.4

Please suggest some good tool and utilities.

Try pylint, pychecker and the commercial version of pydev.

Diez