python_and_WSDL

Dejan Pangercic

Hi all,

I am trying to establish a communication between a client and a server
where the client shall talk python and the server provides an
interface over the WSDL (Web Services Description Language). Test case
I am working on is available here:
http://utum6.unternehmertum.de:8080/CityMobServer/CityMobWebPageService?wsdl.

So far I have been able to find a http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
page that provides two client libraries:
a)Zolera SOAP Infrastructure (ZSI)
b)SOAPpy

that both by the way raise following exception when I try to create
the connection to my server:
http://paste.plone.org/24771

The thing that scares me however at most is that both of these project
have been apparently deprecated for more than 2 years. So the
question is, does anyone know about any up2date equivalent for
connecting to WSDL from python?

thx for the feedback,

greets, Dejan

Stefan Behnel

Dejan said:
question is, does anyone know about any up2date equivalent for
connecting to WSDL from python?

It seems like you missed soaplib. Compared to other Python SOAP libraries,
it's pretty easy to use.

Stefan