Querry on Eclipse

swapan.s1

Hi Group,

I am new in Java Development environment.

I am using Eclipse for Java.

Currently, I have an existing project in Java. Please let me know
whether i can insert existing project of Java in Eclipse in one shot.
At persent i am unable to do so.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Swapan

swapan.s1

Hi Group,

I am new in Java Development environment.

I am using Eclipse for Java.

Currently, I have an existing project in Java. Please let me know
whether i can insert existing project of Java in Eclipse in one shot.
At persent i am unable to do so.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Swapan

Please do suggest if soem other IDE can help me in this regard.

Ian Wilson

Why unable?
- because you don't know how?
- or because you get errors when you import the project?
Please do suggest if soem other IDE can help me in this regard.

File, Import, From Filesystem

Navigate to folder containing project then tick all the folders and or
files you want to import. ticking a folder should cause all it's
contents to be imported.

Hendrik Maryns

swapan.s1

Why unable?
- because you don't know how?
- or because you get errors when you import the project?

Sorry for not being clear with my words.

While inserting, i am seeing the following errors:
> 'enum' should not be used as an identifier, since it is a reserved
keyword from source level 5.0

Meanwhile, i searched, i got to know that min. ver. required for
eclipse is java 1.4.

Following info. might be useful:

Eclipse version: 3.2.0
Java code support: 1.3.*
Min. version required for Eclipse 3.2.0: 1.4.*

During compilation, i get errors related to ""enum" as an identifier".

So, to me it looks like i am left with 2 options:

1. Either making code changes to make it run on JDK 1.4

OR

2. looking for version that can run on JDK 1.3.

Please suggest.

Thanks for any inputs.

Regards,
SWAPAN

Lew

swapan.s1 said:
Sorry for not being clear with my words.

While inserting, i am seeing the following errors:

keyword from source level 5.0

Meanwhile, i searched, i got to know that min. ver. required for
eclipse is java 1.4.

Following info. might be useful:

Eclipse version: 3.2.0
Java code support: 1.3.*
Min. version required for Eclipse 3.2.0: 1.4.*

During compilation, i get errors related to ""enum" as an identifier".

These are errors related to a Java 5 or later compiler. Set your source level
to 1.4 in the project properties dialog.

Really, the source code should not use "enum" as an identifier to run in
obsolescent Java versions like 1.4. Of course, Java 1.4 is obsolescent, so
you really, really should make the move to at least Java 5, if not the current
version.

It might also be that the source code you're compiling is meant for Java 5 or
later?
So, to me it looks like i am left with 2 options:

1. Either making code changes to make it run on JDK 1.4

OR

2. looking for version that can run on JDK 1.3.

JDK !.3? Are you joking? That version is obsolete - not supported except by
special "obsolete products' support for people who are stuck in nine years
ago" contracts with Sun (or whomever). Even Java 1.4 is now in "End of Life",
i.e., obsolescent.

Java 1.3 is over - move on.

In any event, your compiler errors aren't coming from Java 1.3, they seem to
be coming from Java 5.