    What am I doing wrong?

    Regards,

    Dan

    Daniel Berger, Nov 18, 2006

  2. --------------enigD7007A594786A0004ADACD3D

    -r probably only uses the "vanilla" semantics of require, and only
    interpreted code picks up the hacks^Wimprovements that rubygems makes.

    David Vallner

    David Vallner, Nov 18, 2006

  3. Daniel Berger

    Chad Fowler Guest

    The problem is that unfortunately the -r option doesn't use the
    hookable require method, but rather the C function that require
    delegates to (which isn't a Ruby method, so it's not overrideable).
    So, you're not doing anything wrong.

    Chad

    Chad Fowler, Nov 18, 2006
  4. Chad Fowler wrote:

    Hm, could it be altered to use the hookable require method? If so, what
    would be the downside?

    - Dan

    Daniel Berger, Nov 20, 2006