question regarding ruby & outlook MAPI

zerotrace

Hello list:

I am accessing outlook with ruby through a MAPI connection. I have
created a folder through OWA called 'archive'. My goal is to process
the message and then move it into this folder. I am trying to find out
how to 'set' or reference this folder in the code. I have been
unsuccessful and thought I would reach out to see if anyone can point
me in the right direction... example of my code:

ol = WIN32OLE.new('Outlook.Application')
class OC; end
WIN32OLE.const_load(ol, OC)
mapi = ol.GetNameSpace('MAPI')
inbox = mapi.GetDefaultFolder(OC::OlFolderInbox)
items = inbox.items
items.sort('ReceivedTime', OC::OlAscending)

### parse message and move to archive folder
items.each do |message|
if message.UnRead
puts "This message is unread!"
###parse message
message.Move(archive_folder)
else
puts "Nothing to process.... ")
end
end

I am not quite sure how to set the folder I created called 'archive'.
does anyone have any ideas how I would set this in a variable somehow,
so I can reference like so:
archive_folder = mapi.Folders("archive") <-------(this does not work
BTW)

thank you in advance!

john.fellers

[...]

anyone have and advice on this, or can point me in the right direction? Your help is appreciated!

[...]

BUMP! anyone have any experience with this, or have encountered this in the past??