question regarding ruby & outlook MAPI

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by zerotrace, Mar 15, 2012.

  1. zerotrace

    zerotrace Guest

    Hello list:

    I am accessing outlook with ruby through a MAPI connection. I have
    created a folder through OWA called 'archive'. My goal is to process
    the message and then move it into this folder. I am trying to find out
    how to 'set' or reference this folder in the code. I have been
    unsuccessful and thought I would reach out to see if anyone can point
    me in the right direction... example of my code:

    ol = WIN32OLE.new('Outlook.Application')
    class OC; end
    WIN32OLE.const_load(ol, OC)
    mapi = ol.GetNameSpace('MAPI')
    inbox = mapi.GetDefaultFolder(OC::OlFolderInbox)
    items = inbox.items
    items.sort('ReceivedTime', OC::OlAscending)

    ### parse message and move to archive folder
    items.each do |message|
    if message.UnRead
    puts "This message is unread!"
    ###parse message
    message.Move(archive_folder)
    else
    puts "Nothing to process.... ")
    end
    end

    I am not quite sure how to set the folder I created called 'archive'.
    does anyone have any ideas how I would set this in a variable somehow,
    so I can reference like so:
    archive_folder = mapi.Folders("archive") <-------(this does not work
    BTW)

    thank you in advance!

    zerotrace, Mar 15, 2012

  2. zerotrace

    john.fellers Guest

    anyone have and advice on this, or can point me in the right direction? Your help is appreciated!

    john.fellers, Mar 19, 2012

  3. zerotrace

    john.fellers Guest

    BUMP! anyone have any experience with this, or have encountered this in the past??

    john.fellers, Mar 20, 2012