Really confused about Keywords

RCS

I used the Google Keyword analyzer for our wesite www.sawbarnwoodshop.com
and now I am really confused.

I have a list of 100 words that make absolutely no sense. It may have
well of listed and, at, and i.

I may have put the keywords in the meta tags incorrectly. Now I read
that Google only use the actual text.....?

It came up instead whit fragments. Instead of solid cedar chest it
says 1. cedar 2. solid 3. chest etc. and just gets worse as it goes.

I know the website isn't great..I've never done this before and it is
by no means finshed it has a ways to go.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong either.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

And I can not find a small piece of HTML code for a tell-a-friend
about this site like Yahoo! says I should be able to. The only ones I
have found are very big and bravenet doesn't do it anymore.

Help! Distressed housewife!!!

Celine

Jonathan N. Little

I used the Google Keyword analyzer for our wesite www.sawbarnwoodshop.com
and now I am really confused.

I have a list of 100 words that make absolutely no sense. It may have
well of listed and, at, and i.

I may have put the keywords in the meta tags incorrectly. Now I read
that Google only use the actual text.....?

There have been so much SEO snake oil in the past with the practice of
keyword stuffing that keywords are not of much use. In fact if you
google "cedar chest" the #1 listing only has 7 measly keywords. Many
time the top ten have no keywords lists. Focus on the content of you
website and interconnection with other relevant topics and the outcome
will be more fruitful
It came up instead whit fragments. Instead of solid cedar chest it
says 1. cedar 2. solid 3. chest etc. and just gets worse as it goes.

I know the website isn't great..I've never done this before and it is
by no means finshed it has a ways to go.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong either.

Not bad. Your biggest error is however is that everything is absolutely
positioned and assumes a browser width of 900px! View it in another
browser other than IE and enlarge the text a bit (CTRL +). I think you
will be startled with what happens.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Goggle, "liquid layout"

And checkout the tutorials at www.htmldog.com and get started on the
right foot.

RCS

The meta tag for keywords should be more useful to you as the designer
that it is to a modern search engine. I typically put a few words there
that I want to focus on in the page.

Google will list individual words found on your site. But the search
query and Google's magic pixie dust determine how the words play
together in the grand scheme of things:)

If you sign up for the Google webmaster tools you can see the phrases
that Googlebot finds in external links to your site.

Thank your for your reply.

I am signed up for the Google webmaster tools (they're more helpful
than Y!).

Under external links it is zip.

I don't believe Google has us indexed yet although I've done the site
maps and put the.xml folder in my directory? Whereever it was I was
supposed to upload it to I did with both.

I'm doing the best I can. This has turned into a full time job!

Thank You Again.

Celine

RCS

There have been so much SEO snake oil in the past with the practice of
keyword stuffing that keywords are not of much use. In fact if you
google "cedar chest" the #1 listing only has 7 measly keywords. Many
time the top ten have no keywords lists. Focus on the content of you
website and interconnection with other relevant topics and the outcome
will be more fruitful

Not bad. Your biggest error is however is that everything is absolutely
positioned and assumes a browser width of 900px! View it in another
browser other than IE and enlarge the text a bit (CTRL +). I think you
will be startled with what happens.

Goggle, "liquid layout"

And checkout the tutorials atwww.htmldog.comand get started on the
right foot.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've only seen it on our neighbors computer and she's using Firefox/
Mozilla? I know that it's new to her and she has her resolution
changed (big letters) I didn't realize that would affect the web pages
too. I did check with people that I notified about the web page it I
first published it...asked questions about what colors they see, if it
loaded ok, etc.

You wrote:
{Focus on the content of you
website and interconnection with other relevant topics and the outcome
will be more fruitful}

Interconnection with other relevant topics??? I hate to sound
stupid....however I don't get this......I'm thinking the website needs
to 'say' more about our furniture and the cedar blah, blah,,, Other
relevant topics?

You wrote:
{everything is absolutely
positioned and assumes a browser width of 900px}

I'm guessing you mean the browser width on the moniter is 900 pixels
wide? Which would mean if someone is using one with only say 700
pixels wide they would have to scroll left to right? Which I actually
hate doing myself. I've tried not do the same things which I don't
like.

I'll check the 'liquid layout' and the htmldog site. I may have
already been to that one ...there are soooo many!

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Celine

asdf

[...]

[snip]

.... which renders it worthless.

Jonathan N. Little

I've only seen it on our neighbors computer and she's using Firefox/
Mozilla? I know that it's new to her and she has her resolution
changed (big letters) I didn't realize that would affect the web pages
too. I did check with people that I notified about the web page it I
first published it...asked questions about what colors they see, if it
loaded ok, etc.

You know you can install Firefox on you own computer.

http://www.mozilla.com
http:/www.opera.com

There is no law against having more than one browser. In fact I have 16,
but you only need 2 or 3, Firefox and IE would be enough.

You wrote:
{Focus on the content of you

Interconnection with other relevant topics??? I hate to sound
stupid....however I don't get this......I'm thinking the website needs
to 'say' more about our furniture and the cedar blah, blah,,, Other
relevant topics?

Sure, more content is always good. Just don't put it all on one page.
Linking to other related resources. Your business is with Cedar Chests
there may be other websites dealing with fine crafted furniture, Hope
chest collecting, furniture makers associations, clubs etc.
You wrote:
{everything is absolutely

I'm guessing you mean the browser width on the moniter is 900 pixels
wide? Which would mean if someone is using one with only say 700
pixels wide they would have to scroll left to right? Which I actually
hate doing myself. I've tried not do the same things which I don't
like.

Exactly. My monitor's resolution never equals my browser window, I alway
have more than one application running at once.
I'll check the 'liquid layout' and the htmldog site. I may have
already been to that one ...there are soooo many!

It will help.

RCS

You know you can install Firefox on you own computer.

http://www.mozilla.com
http:/www.opera.com

There is no law against having more than one browser. In fact I have 16,
but you only need 2 or 3, Firefox and IE would be enough.

Sure, more content is always good. Just don't put it all on one page.
Linking to other related resources. Your business is with Cedar Chests
there may be other websites dealing with fine crafted furniture, Hope
chest collecting, furniture makers associations, clubs etc.

Exactly. My monitor's resolution never equals my browser window, I alway
have more than one application running at once.

It will help.

Thanks.

I'll keep working on it.

My head is spinning.