Redirecting to my own login page instead of Apache Login

nahanfee

Hello,

I made one login page (in cgi perl) which authenticates the user using
Ldap data. It is working fine.
Now I want to prevent the Apache web server User authentication page
to display and use my login page instead.

The idea is I am redirecting to the restricted folder (directory) only
if the authentication made.
But if user itself type the URL of that directory it is showing Apache
login page.

I am new in CGI and apache web configuration things.
any help will be appreciable

Thanks in advance

ccc31807

Now I want to prevent the Apache web server User authentication page
to display and use my login page instead.

Replace the standard Apache index.html file in the document root with
your own index.html. In RedHat Linux you will find this in /var/www/
html/. I would tell you where it is in Windows but unfortunately I do
not currently have access to a Windows machine.

If you are using virtual hosts, create a symbolic link to your
homepage. For example, create your web directory like this:
/home/myhomedir/www/index.html
and create a symlink like this in the http document root (again, this
is Unix/Linx):
ln -s /home/myhomedir/www myhomedir

Alternatively, edit your httpd.conf file. See the documentation.

CC