regarding ignore case sensitive of a string using regularexpressions

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mosas, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Mosas

    Mosas Guest

    Dear All
    In Perl when we are checking some conditions
    using regular expression we can ignore the case
    sensitive of a string using the following regular
    expression /(^[^a-z])|/|(\.\.)/i.
    But If I try to do this in Python I couldn't get
    any result.
    So Any body know regarding this Kindly mail me
    with example.

    regards
    Prabahar

    Mosas, Mar 22, 2005

  2. RTFM: http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/lib/re-syntax.html
    (What you want is described under the (?iLmsux) heading)
    or http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/lib/node106.html

    Maarten

    Maarten Sneep, Mar 22, 2005