regarding ignore case sensitive of a string using regularexpressions

Mosas

Dear All
In Perl when we are checking some conditions
using regular expression we can ignore the case
sensitive of a string using the following regular
expression /(^[^a-z])|/|(\.\.)/i.
But If I try to do this in Python I couldn't get
any result.
So Any body know regarding this Kindly mail me
with example.

regards
Prabahar

Maarten Sneep

Mosas said:
In Perl when we are checking some conditions
using regular expression we can ignore the case
sensitive of a string using the following regular
expression /(^[^a-z])|/|(\.\.)/i.
But If I try to do this in Python I couldn't get
any result.
So Any body know regarding this Kindly mail me
with example.

RTFM: http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/lib/re-syntax.html
(What you want is described under the (?iLmsux) heading)
or http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/lib/node106.html

Maarten