[RELEASED] Python 3.1.3 release candidate 1

Benjamin Peterson

On behalf of the Python development team, I'm gladsome to announce a release
candidate of the third bugfix release for the Python 3.1 series, Python 3.1.3.

This bug fix release fixes numerous issues found in 3.1.2. Please try it with
your packages and report any bugs you find. The final of 3.1.3 is scheduled to
be released in two weeks.

The Python 3.1 version series focuses on the stabilization and optimization of
the features and changes that Python 3.0 introduced. For example, the new I/O
system has been rewritten in C for speed. File system APIs that use unicode
strings now handle paths with undecodable bytes in them. Other features include
an ordered dictionary implementation, a condensed syntax for nested with
statements, and support for ttk Tile in Tkinter. For a more extensive list of
changes in 3.1, see http://doc.python.org/3.1/whatsnew/3.1.html or Misc/NEWS in
the Python distribution.

To download Python 3.1.3 visit:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/3.1.3/

A list of changes in 3.1.3 can be found here:

http://svn.python.org/projects/python/tags/r313rc1/Misc/NEWS

The 3.1 documentation can be found at:

http://docs.python.org/3.1

Bugs can always be reported to: