remove space in front of string

Steve

I'm getting string returned from my Database with a space in front of it, it sometimes it looks like this

8
9
10
1
and so one, how can I remove the white space in front of the numbers? Its actually causing an error on one of my pages and I'm not sure how to remove it in the beginning of the string.

Steve

I figured it out, Trim() worked for the front white space in front of the string as well. DOH
I'm getting string returned from my Database with a space in front of it, it sometimes it looks like this

8
9
10
1
and so one, how can I remove the white space in front of the numbers? Its actually causing an error on one of my pages and I'm not sure how to remove it in the beginning of the string.

David Wier

Are you trying to change it in the database, or just fix it on the pages?

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
http://iWritePro.com
I'm getting string returned from my Database with a space in front of it, it sometimes it looks like this

8
9
10
1
and so one, how can I remove the white space in front of the numbers? Its actually causing an error on one of my pages and I'm not sure how to remove it in the beginning of the string.

Steve

on the pages only. Its be returned from the database correctly but for some reason the code added a space in front of the value is there is more then one. The values are coming through fine until the code hits a For each loop

I got it working though.
Are you trying to change it in the database, or just fix it on the pages?

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
http://iWritePro.com
I'm getting string returned from my Database with a space in front of it, it sometimes it looks like this

8
9
10
1
and so one, how can I remove the white space in front of the numbers? Its actually causing an error on one of my pages and I'm not sure how to remove it in the beginning of the string.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Steve said:
on the pages only. Its be returned from the database correctly but for
some reason the code added a space in front of the value is there is
more then one. The values are coming through fine until the code hits a
For each loop

I got it working though.

It sounds like you are trying to fix a problem by only correcting the
sympthomes that you have observed. Extra spaces doesn't appear from
nowhere, there is a reason for it. You really should consider to
investigate a bit further what's really happening.

It's adding spaces right now, but it might just as well add other
characters that a Trim can't handle. Suddenly your "10" might turn into
"910" or ".10"...