Rendered Control questions

Martin

Hi,

I'm writing a rendered control to display either a plain text (in a span
element), or an edit box, (in an input element) according to the control
attribute ReadOnly.

Fundamentally I have the runtime behaviour I want.
I have 2 questions:
1) How do I control the size of the rendered control at design time, and run
time?
2) I have noticed that in Render method, if I say output.RenderTag("INPUT"),
the input element is still written in lower case. Is that correct
behaviour, or something more sinister?

Thanks
Martin

Ad

Martin

Answer to 1) is
output.AddStyleAttribute("Width",this.Width.ToString());

in Render(...)