Repeater. I see only the last record. Have no idea why!

shapper

Hello,

I am created an Asp.Net 2.0 repeater implementing the ITemplate class.

I know my datasource, a datatable has 6 rows, but the repeater only
displays the last one.

If I add more rows to my datatable I keep seeing only the last record
on my repeater. any idea why?

This is my ITemplate code:

1
2 Private Class rFeedbackTemplate
3 Implements ITemplate
4
5 Private Type As ListItemType
6 Protected WithEvents lMessage As New Label
7
8 Public Sub New(ByVal type As ListItemType)
9 Me.Type = type
10 End Sub ' New
11
12 ' InstantiateIn
13 Public Sub InstantiateIn(ByVal container As Control)
Implements ITemplate.InstantiateIn
14 Select Case Me.Type
15 Case ListItemType.Header ' Header
template
16 Case ListItemType.Item ' Item
template
17 container.Controls.Add(lMessage)
18 Case ListItemType.AlternatingItem ' Alternating
item template
19 Case ListItemType.Footer ' Footer
template
20 End Select
21 End Sub ' InstantiateIn
22
23 Private Sub lMessage_DataBinding(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lMessage.DataBinding
24 Dim container As RepeaterItem =
CType(lMessage.NamingContainer, RepeaterItem)
25 lMessage.Text = DataBinder.Eval(container.DataItem,
"Message")
26 End Sub ' lMessage_DataBinding
27
28 Private Sub lMessage_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As EventArgs) Handles lMessage.Init
29 With lMessage
30 .CssClass = "lMessage"
31 .ID = "lMessage"
32 End With
33 End Sub ' lMessage_Init
34
35 End Class ' rFeedbackTemplate

My repeater events:

1
2 Private Sub rFeedback_Init(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles rFeedback.Init
3 rFeedback.ID = "rFeedback"
4 rFeedback.ItemTemplate = New
rFeedbackTemplate(ListItemType.Item)
5 End Sub ' rFeedback_Init
6
7 Private Sub rFeedback_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles rFeedback.Load
8 If Not Page.IsPostBack Then
9 With rFeedback
10 .DataSource = rFeedback_DataSource()
11 .DataBind()
12 End With
13 End If
14 End Sub ' rFeedback_Load
15
16 ' rFeedback_DataSource
17 Private Function rFeedback_DataSource() As DataTable
18 Dim dtFeedback As New DataTable
19 dtFeedback.Columns.Add(New DataColumn("Message",
GetType(String)))
20 For Each message As String In Me.Messages
21 Dim drFeedback As DataRow = dtFeedback.NewRow
22 drFeedback("Message") = message
23 dtFeedback.Rows.Add(drFeedback)
25 Return dtFeedback
26 End Function ' rFeedback_DataSource

Any idea why I only see the last record of my data source in my
repeater?

Thanks,

Miguel

shapper

There is no "SQL Statement" for him to show you. Go back and look at his code.

Hi,

I don't have an SQL statement.

This code is inside an user control.

The user control as a property as follows:

' Messages
Private _Messages As New Generic.List(Of String)
Public Property Messages() As Generic.List(Of String)
Get
Return _Messages
End Get
Set(ByVal value As Generic.List(Of String))
_Messages = value
End Set
End Property ' Messages

On my page I have something like:
With MyUserControl.Messages
.Add("Message01")
.Add("Message02")
.Add("Message06")
End With

On my UserControl, inside rFeedback_DataSource, I place the following
code:
Response.Write(dtFeedback.Rows.Count.ToString)

I get 6!

I looked everywhere, all day, to try to figure out what is going on
but I have no idea.

Could someone, please help me out?

Thanks,
Miguel