replace URL and redirect

c_web

Hi

i have several domains
www.domain1.com
www.domain2.com
www.domain3.com

all the domains maps to the same directory in my hosting provider IIS
server
lets say : c:\sites\myaccount\

my hosting provider wants 10$ (each domain) to allow me to do
something like
www.domain1.com maps to c:\sites\myaccount\domain1\
www.domain2.com maps to c:\sites\myaccount\domain2\
etc...

but, its free to something like (example)
web.domain1.com maps to c:\sites\myaccount\domain1\
web.domain2.com maps to c:\sites\myaccount\domain2\
etc..

so, WHAT I NEED, is:
to code a default.aspx and put it in
c:\sites\myaccount\

this aspx page will have to catch all the
www.domainX.com requests and response.redirect to
web.domainX.com

i dont have an idea how to code this. Does anyone have an example?

ps: i know there is url-forwarding services, but, i want to handle
this myself if possible.

thank you.

Rocky Moore

You can also acheive this effect by using featuers of your registrar for the
domains. I use DotYou.com that costs $9.75 per year (they also give you
credit for any remaining time are your current at your registrar). They
provide DNS and give you URL forwarding and URL cloaking. With cloaking,
you simply setup a path on your web site to be the web site for each domain.

For an example, if you had MyFingersHurt.com, MyFingersHurtBad.com and
MyFingersAreTired.com and you have a main domain of MyHeadHurts.com. You
could build a folder struction as:

MyHeadHurts.com/MyFingersHurt/
MyHeadHurts.com/MyFingersHurtBad/
MyHeadHurts.com/MyFingersAreTired/

Then in the registrar, you would enable cloaking for those three domains and
point them to those folders. They will appear as:

www.MyFingersHurt.com
www.MyFingersHurtBad.com
www.MyFingersAreTired.com

And you do not have to pay extra at your host to host the domains, they are
simple folders in your current domain.