Report Viewer Control and MDF's

Rick Gamble

Recently I've had the opportunity to compare and contrast the report viewer
controls performance when accessing an Express MDF and a SQL 2000 DB.

Here's what I found and wonder if any of you have seen the same behavior:

When the report viewer communicates with an MDF a timeout error frequently
occurs on the first try but renders on subsequent requests both locally and
remotely however this behavior does not occur when the report viewer
communicates with the SQL 2000 DB.

I suspect this is because it takes a while to attach and open the MDF.