response object and ajax

rodchar

hey all,
i have a response.write statement in my pageload and whenever i do an
asyncpostback it errors out with:

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer
---------------------------
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received
from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when
the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters,
HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.

Details: Error parsing near 'Hello World184|updat'.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

what would be my workaround?

thanks,
rodchar

bruce barker

test if async postback, and don't do the response.write. the async
postback only wants the html from the update panels content.

if its in the panel, switch to HtmlGeneric.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

rodchar

i was just doing some testing so it's not really that important just trying
to understand what you can and can't do with ajax.
thanks again,
rod.