resx files : ressources not found after moving to beta 2005

Franck

Hello,
I've just moved to visual developper 2005
to do so, I also had to use the convert assistant.

what it did;
moving my file resx files that i had in a diresctory called resx
to a new directory called:
App_GlobalResources

in my code i had :

m_rm = new ResourceManager("MES.resx.basic",
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly());

it worked perfectly before moving but now it throws this exception
saying that it the ressource doesn't exist???

I tried several different name
e.g.:"MES.App_GlobalResources.basic","App_GlobalResources.basic"
but none worked

any helps please?
Franck

exception
[System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException]

{"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or
the neutral culture. Make sure \"resx.basic.resources\" was correctly
embedded or linked into assembly \"App_Web_g11ng7or\" at compile time,
or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully
signed."}

System.Resources.MissingManifestResourceException

Juan T. Llibre

Check the online Beta 2 documentation on resource files :

Resources Overview :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms133858

Retrieve Resource Values Programmatically :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms133918

The syntax for retrieving the resources has changed a bit.

From the last URL :

Call the GetLocalResourceObject or GetGlobalResourceObject method
to read specific resources from a global or local resource file, respectively.

These overloaded methods are available in
the HttpContext and TemplateControl classes.

The GetGlobalResourceObject method takes the name of a resource class
and the resource ID. The class name is based on the .resx file name.

For example, the file WebResources.resx, and all associated localized files,
are referenced by the class name WebResources.

There's sample code at both links.

Guest

The links are not pointing to information about resources! Can you update
them?

Juan T. Llibre said:
Check the online Beta 2 documentation on resource files :

Resources Overview :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms133858

Retrieve Resource Values Programmatically :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms133918

The syntax for retrieving the resources has changed a bit.

From the last URL :

Franck said:
[...]

I don't know what the h*ll happened there.

;-)

Here's the correct links :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227427

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms227982

You'll find additional info at :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228002

and, for web server controls, at :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228093

Sorry for the confusion. I really can't explain why the links changed.

Juan T. Llibre said:
Check the online Beta 2 documentation on resource files :

Resources Overview :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms133858

Retrieve Resource Values Programmatically :
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms133918

The syntax for retrieving the resources has changed a bit.

From the last URL :

Franck said:
[...]

I also had this problem. This is what I had to do... where I previously had
defined a resourcemanager, for example: