rethrown exception not caught by Application_Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by fergallydon, Jan 22, 2008.

  1. fergallydon

    fergallydon Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to implement some centralised exception handling and
    logging in the Application_Error() event of global.asax.

    If the code that generates the exception is not inside a try-catch
    block then Application_Error() runs correctly. However, I want to use
    a try-catch-finally. I want to do some stuff in the catch block before
    re-throwing the exception. In this case the exception is correctly
    caught by the catch but even though I re-throw the same exception,
    Application_Error() doesn't run.

    Try
    'Code that generates Exception
    Catch ex As Exception