RFC 822 continuations

Discussion in 'Python' started by Florian Lindner, May 2, 2006.

  1. Florian Lindner, May 2, 2006

  2. Florian Lindner

    Larry Bates Guest

    From ConfigParser source code:

    Continuations are represented by an embedded newline then
    leading whitespace.

    -Larry Bates

    Larry Bates, May 2, 2006

  3. In case this is not clear enough (wasn't clear to me either, the first
    time I saw it, what with talk of "continuations" in other contexts), it
    basically means that the values for a config option can span multiple
    lines. A line starting with whitespace is considered to be a
    "continuation" of the previous line.

    Polaar

    steven.vereecken, May 2, 2006