rich text editor

john

I spent some time trying to find info about rich text editor, but it
looks like there are only 3party controls. Is that true? if yes,
which one is the best? or maybe there is something to download from
microsoft, like chart control? also i found some information about
rich edit, but cannot find it in my toolbox, am i missing something?

Mark Fitzpatrick

I agree, absolutely incredible products with the best support in the
industry.

There are some free editors, but I've had less luck with them.
http://freetextbox.com/default.aspx is supposed to be good, but i've had
some issues with it before.

http://www.fckeditor.net/ is also nice, though not strictly ASP.Net it does
work well.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Telerik controls are very good, great support.

http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/editor.aspx

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

john said:
I spent some time trying to find info about rich text editor, but it
looks like there are only 3party controls. Is that true? if yes,
which one is the best? or maybe there is something to download from
microsoft, like chart control? also i found some information about
rich edit, but cannot find it in my toolbox, am i missing something?

Paul Shapiro

Another recommendation for Telerik.

I think the Rich Edit control you're referring to is a Windows Form control,
not asp.net, so that's why it's not in the asp.net toolbox.

If you're price sensitive, you can look at free html edit controls:
FreeTextBox and fckEdit. But Telerik has better cross-browser support if
compatibility is important.
http://freetextbox.com/
http://www.fckeditor.net/

john said:
[...]

thanks, so the answer is Microsoft doesn't have anything like this.
Any idea why? It is popular tool, used on so many websites.

Eliyahu Goldin

An editor control with formatting capabilities is an advanced product on its
own. It can be implemented in different flavors. This sort of things hardly
ever come out of box.