Rmagick installing problems

gibbs

I tried to install Rmagick and I have obtained the following error. What
can I do?

Configuring RMagick 1.15.10
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C99... -std=gnu99
checking for gcc -std=gnu99 option to accept ISO Standard C... (cached)
-std=gnu99
checking for ruby... /usr/local/bin/ruby
checking for Magick-config... Magick-config
checking for InitializeMagick in -lMagick... no
configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find libMagick or one of
the dependent libraries.
Check the config.log file for more detailed information.
RMagick configuration failed with status 1.

Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10 for inspection.
Results logged to
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rmagick-1.15.10/gem_make.out

Thanks.

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 21:10:14 +0900
Von: gibbs <[email protected]>
An: (e-mail address removed)
Betreff: Rmagick installing problems
[...]

Dear Gibbs,

there's some explanation in RMagick's Installation FAQ:

http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/install-faq.html#libmagick

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Axel