RMI and 64bit to 32bit interoperability

Holmbrew

I am experimenting with deploying my web application in a 64 bit JVM.
The OS will support both 32 and 64 bit software. If I have an RMI
registry running in a 32 bit JVM, can I make calls to it from the app
running in the 64 bit JVM?

Thanks.

Jason

There's no problem with this at all--the address space size has no effect on
communication or serialization.   We do this exactly and have no issues
whatsoever (64 bit server, 32 bit client.)

Cheers,
Matt Humphreyhttp://www.iviz.com/

Sweet. Thank you for the response!

-Jason

Arne Vajhøj

Matt said:
There's no problem with this at all--the address space size has no effect on
communication or serialization. We do this exactly and have no issues
whatsoever (64 bit server, 32 bit client.)

Which is what to expect.

Because all data types except reference is independent of
32 versus 64 bit - and references are not send over themselves
instead the actual data are send over.

Arne