Role Based Forms Auth with Active Directory

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

As anybody
succesfully implemented a role/groups based forms authentication against
the Active Directory?
Thx
Patrick

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Thx Paul for the link..
But when u try that code(guess it has flaws!) ...u won't authenticate
with GROUPS and u wouldn't retrieve the GROUPS..
My aim is to have a form authentication validating against Active
Direcctory with Roles....
But getting GROUPS/ROLES to validate against poses a problem..
So doing authorisation poses a problem since i can't get groups/roles..
Any ideas?

Paul Clement

¤ Thx Paul for the link..
¤ But when u try that code(guess it has flaws!) ...u won't authenticate
¤ with GROUPS and u wouldn't retrieve the GROUPS..
¤ My aim is to have a form authentication validating against Active
¤ Direcctory with Roles....
¤ But getting GROUPS/ROLES to validate against poses a problem..
¤ So doing authorisation poses a problem since i can't get groups/roles..
¤ Any ideas?

I don't understand what you are saying. Groups, or Roles, are essentially the same thing. The link I
posted will return the group membership of the user.

If you want to authentication against Active Directory using Forms-based authentication then see the
following:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326340

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

No Paul they don't return GROUP membership.
The code works only if i comment out the GetGroup function.
Any ideas?

Paul Clement

¤

The memberOf method should return the LDAP path for each group that the account is a member. Are you
saying that no groups are being returned?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)