Row Span in a grid?

et

How can I have a column that would span 2 rows. For instance, I have 2 rows
of data, the user may fill out one or both rows, then do a calculation to
result in the first column, which ideally would span the 2 rows as it's the
result of both rows. I will also need the option to select the whole set
and copy for new data, if anyone can help with how to do that.

I may have several sets of these double row items, each 2 row set one
record, I wonder if a grid may not be the best way to go. Any ideas would
be helpful. TIA

Maybe a for instance of what my data is will help. We want to arrive at an
average salary for an employee. The employee has 2 jobs. For January, for
instance, Row 1 would contain salary information for job 1, Row 2 would
contain salary information for Job 2, with the spanned column displaying the
average.

Then for February, I want the user to copy that whole sent to create
February's grid.

As I said, any ideas would help!

Eliyahu Goldin

For the spanning part, consider using a repeater. Make an html table of the
layout you need (using rowspan attribute) and put it inside the
ItemTemplate. You didn't say if they should be any other rows in the table.

For the copying part consider making 2 asp.net buttons - one for Copy and
another for Paste. Select the row, press Copy, save the selected row data on
the server in session variables. Select another row, press Paste, get the
data on the server from the session variables and put them in the selected
row.

Eliyahu