Ruby 3D

Zouplaz

Hi, I know the answer but I try anyway : is there a well supported Ruby
binding to a good 3D engine ?

What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2 years)
and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D

It's quite strange : why a such good language does have nothing serious
when dealing with 3D ? Many interpreted languages does...

Anything I would have missed ?

Thanks !

Aria Stewart

Hi, I know the answer but I try anyway : is there a well supported
Ruby binding to a good 3D engine ?

What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2
years) and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D

It's quite strange : why a such good language does have nothing
serious when dealing with 3D ? Many interpreted languages does...

Anything I would have missed ?

Ruby's threading model makes some of the techniques used problematic.

Bill Kelly

From: "Zouplaz said:
Hi, I know the answer but I try anyway : is there a well supported Ruby
binding to a good 3D engine ?

What I've found is a binding to irrlich which is rather old (2 years)
and an obsolete binding to Ogre3D

It's quite strange : why a such good language does have nothing serious
when dealing with 3D ? Many interpreted languages does...

An updated Ogre3D binding was announced just last month:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/270263

Hope this helps,

Bill