Ruby books

Shandy Nantz

I was just wondering if anybody has a Ruby book that deals with strictly
Ruby and how to program in the language. Perferably a book that has good
examples and one where some kind of good size project is tackled to show
the true strengths of the language. I have a Ruby book which I like,
don't get me wrong, it just gives an overview of the language which
isn't exactly what I want. Thanks,

-S

fedzor

I was just wondering if anybody has a Ruby book that deals with
strictly
Ruby and how to program in the language. Perferably a book that has
good
examples and one where some kind of good size project is tackled to
show
the true strengths of the language. I have a Ruby book which I like,
don't get me wrong, it just gives an overview of the language which
isn't exactly what I want. Thanks,

Practical Ruby Projects
and
Ruby by Example

Brian Marick

_Everyday Scripting with Ruby_ works through four smallish projects.
People have said the examples are good. Since I wrote the book, I
think these people are wise, perceptive, attractive, and correct in
all their opinions.

<http://www.pragprog.com/titles/bmsft>

Robert Bazinet

Since I am not the author of "Everyday Scripting with Ruby", I can give an
unbiased opinion. :)

This is great book to get a practical view of using Ruby. If you learn best
with some hands on projects, you can jump in to this one and change the
projects to your liking and learn as you go. I like this type of book best
for learning a new language, especially if you are some programming
experience.

-Rob Bazinet
www.accidentaltechnologist.com