ruby-forum truncating threads?

Brian Candler

If you look at the forum index at
http://www.ruby-forum.com/forum/ruby
you'll see a thread titled "Camping or Merb", and it says the last post
was 8 hrs ago by Mark T

However if you follow the link to the thread, the bottom post is by me
about 5 days ago (on 2010-10-09 13:30)

It doesn't matter if I'm logged into the forum or not.

At least this post is missing:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/371775

I can see there have been a number of UI changes recently. There's a
link "Enable multi-page view" which I've just tried enabling and
disabling, but it seems to make no difference.

Could the forum admin have a look please?

Thanks,

Brian.

Andreas S.

Brian Candler wrote in post #950083:
However if you follow the link to the thread, the bottom post is by me
about 5 days ago (on 2010-10-09 13:30)

Oops, you're right. Fortunately it's a simple case of a cache not
expired correctly, so nothing is lost. The problem is fixed now.
I can see there have been a number of UI changes recently.

There was actually a big change in the backend recently; ruby-forum.com
had been running on a very old version of Rails and RForum,
and I finally managed to get it up to the current version a few days
ago. The only notable visible improvements until now are the search (now
sunspot/solr-based) and the OpenID login, but the main advantage is that
it's a lot easier to implement new features now without messing
everything up.
There's a
link "Enable multi-page view" which I've just tried enabling and
disabling, but it seems to make no difference.

It enables pagination for VERY long threads (200 post per page). It is a
feature from another forum I run with the same software
(http://www.mikrocontroller.net/forum/); I realize it is not of that
much use on ruby-forum.com, where all threads are well below 100 posts.

Andreas