Ruby on the mobile

Marcelo Paniagua

Hi there!

Do anyone knows if there is a Ruby version for cellphones and other
mobile devices on the make? or if there is something like that already
made?

Thanks

Marcelo Paniagua L.

Dibya Prakash

Hi,
Even I m looking for the same information.Or may be some kind of
library that mite support mobile computing?

Thanks n regards
Dibya Prakash

treefrog

There were some questions on this a while ago that I forwarded to the
Mobile Devices folks her in Motorola. Basic answer for Motorola phones
(still current I think) is Java and BREW only.

Sorry,
treefrog

Dibya Prakash

HI All,
Is there any specific reason that Java and BREW are the only languages
that are used?Or the requisite libraries are not available?
Plz let me know.

Thanks n Regards
Dibya Prakash=20

Austin Ziegler

HI All,
Is there any specific reason that Java and BREW are the only languages
that are used?Or the requisite libraries are not available?
Plz let me know.

Often because the phones are built to satisfy network providers'
needs, and *they* don't want users to be able to put programs that
might cause problems on their phones.

-austin
--=20
Austin Ziegler * (e-mail address removed)
* Alternate: (e-mail address removed)

Dibya Prakash

=20
Often because the phones are built to satisfy network providers'
needs, and *they* don't want users to be able to put programs that
might cause problems on their phones.
Do you mean to some benchmark standards?

Dibya

Austin Ziegler

Do you mean to some benchmark standards?

I wish. I mean "I control the network, therefore I control what goes
on your phone." Some wireless vendors will disable the IR on a phone
because they only want people to sync using their ($$$$-add-on) data
cable. The same goes for applications that might otherwise circumvent
vendor restrictions.

There *is* an upside. In theory, this vendor control would prevent
phone virii. In practice, though, it won't necessarily do any such
thing.