ruby-opengl glut on osx

tsuraan

I grabbed the port of ruby-opengl for OSX from
http://www.lazyatom.com/software/opengl-0.32f.tar.gz and installed it.
When I try to run any program (or even require 'opengl', I get the
following error, which kills ruby:

objc: failed objc_getClass(NSObject) for GLUTApplication->isa->isa
objc: please link appropriate classes in your program

Trace/BPT trap

I don't know much about OSX programming, so I have no idea what this
means. When the library links, it does link against the OpenGL and
GLUT frameworks, so I would think it would know where to find the glut
and OpenGL stuff, but maybe it doesn't. Any help would be much
appreciated.

James Adam

I have an updated version of my patched OpenGL module - I'll post
details in a reply to this thread in the next few days.

- james

James Adam

I've uploaded my updated version of the OpenGL extensions to the following =
http://www.lazyatom.com/software/opengl-0.32g.tar.gz

You should have the Developer Tools and the GLUT framework sources
(available from Apple) installed for this. It builds and links against
the Apple-native OpenGL/GLUT libraries, so no X11 is involved.

- james