ruby under cygwin - can access WIN32OLE or not?

Ara.T.Howard

if in install ruby from source under cygwin - will i have access to WIN32OLE
or not? i can imagine both scenarios... i'm trying to setup a windows box
that i can ssh to and use a ruby that has windows capabilities. i suppose the
other alternative would be to run ruby.exe from cygwin? i'm pretty newbie
here so forgive the lack of knowledge... any suggestions appreciated.

cheers.

-a
| phone :: 303.497.6469
| Like a lamp standing in a strong breeze. --Nagarjuna

Tobias

Ara.T.Howard said:
if in install ruby from source under cygwin - will i have access to
WIN32OLE
or not?

Cygwin provides a ruby package. This package includes win32ole. Install
it with cygwin's setup.exe tool.

Tobias

Ara.T.Howard

Cygwin provides a ruby package. This package includes win32ole. Install
it with cygwin's setup.exe tool.

Tobias

perfect. i'll give a whirl then - didn't want to go ahead unless it did -
seems cygwin is quite the download...

thanks!

-a