RubyForge BitTorrents?

James Britt

I was just grabbing the latest RC for the Windows 1-click installer, and
saw on the download page a large encouragement to use bittorrent to
download files.

However, I didn't see any links to any torrent files, and searching
bitoogle.com didn't locate any either.

The usual direct download links were still there, but I'm wondering what
would be involved in creating a torrent file and linking to it alongside
the regular download links.

Is this feasible without a cumbersome amount of effort?

Thanks,

James

Tom Copeland

I was just grabbing the latest RC for the Windows 1-click installer, and
saw on the download page a large encouragement to use bittorrent to
download files.

Yup, right on:

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167
However, I didn't see any links to any torrent files, and searching
bitoogle.com didn't locate any either.

Hm.... doesn't "BitTorrent" on there contain a link to here?

http://bt.rubyforge.org/
The usual direct download links were still there, but I'm wondering what
would be involved in creating a torrent file and linking to it alongside
the regular download links.

Yup, that's a good idea. I think we're moving in that direction,
although for now I'm still creating and posting the torrents manually...

Yours,

tom

Stephan Kämper

James said:
I was just grabbing the latest RC for the Windows 1-click installer, and
saw on the download page a large encouragement to use bittorrent to
download files.

However, I didn't see any links to any torrent files, and searching
bitoogle.com didn't locate any either.

Du you mean something like this?

http://bt.rubyforge.org/

Happy rubying

Stephan

gabriele renzi

Tom Copeland ha scritto:

Hm, you're right, the link does look odd. This should be better:

Really better, imo.

Anyway having a 'via bittorrent' link near the file would still be
better :)

Tom Copeland

Tom Copeland ha scritto:

Really better, imo.

Anyway having a 'via bittorrent' link near the file would still be
better :)

True, yup, it'd be nicer to have tighter integration... still a ways to
go on that, though...

Yours,

Tom

Gavin Kistner

Really better, imo.

Anyway having a 'via bittorrent' link near the file would still be
better :)

Yes, the current link, and url, imply to me that I'll be going to a
page describing a BitTorrent project, not a location where I can
download the .torrent files for the current project I'm viewing.

Tom Copeland

Anyway having a 'via bittorrent' link near the file would still be
Yes, the current link, and url, imply to me that I'll be going to a
page describing a BitTorrent project, not a location where I can
download the .torrent files for the current project I'm viewing.

Good suggestion; how's this?